Friday, October 24, 2014

Wondrous Love









I John 1:3a
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God…

In our finite minds, it is so hard to comprehend all that God has done for us and why He did what He 
did.  His love is unfathomable – who can explain it?

Jesus suffered so much for us – should we be willing to do anything less?


Wondrous Love

I cannot begin to understand,             
The wondrous love that God had shown to man.    
He sent His Son, His only Son,   
Who paid the price, the vict’ry won,    
And now He sits upon His throne,     
Until He comes to call me home.       
What a glor’ous day that will be,    
When my Savior comes, when He comes for me.   

I cannot begin to understand,           
The love my Savior showed when He became man.
He left His home, His Heav’nly home,
And as a babe to earth did come.
And as He grew into a man,
He told of God’s redemption plan.
To all who would accept His love,
A Heavenly home, Heav’nly home above.

I cannot begin to reason why,
God’s only Son had to come to earth to die.
Bleeding, dying in agony,
There on the Cross of Calvary.
Not just my sins that He did bear,
Forsaken by God, hanging there.
Showing as He died on that tree,
Just how much He loves, how much He loves me.

I cannot begin to understand,
That this was all part of God’s salvation plan.
It is finished was what He cried,
As there upon the cross He died.
And as He conquered sin and death,
He rose again victorious.
Waiting on high His church to bring,
Our eternal King, our eternal King!

Written 1/26/2014



Or watch it on YouTubeYouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment