Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Lord, Grant Me Wisdom





One Sunday during a church prayer, the man praying said “Lord, grant me wisdom that is from above.”  It stuck in my mind and another song developed. 

We all know where earthly wisdom gets us. Why do we need Godly wisdom?  To live a life holy and acceptable unto God.

James 1:5
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Lord, Grant Me Wisdom

Lord, grant me wisdom that is from above
Lord, grant me wisdom You send down with love.
May all that I say and all that I do,
Reflect Your wisdom so I honor You.

If one lacks wisdom, with no wavering,
Let him ask of God but with no doubting.
And God who gives to all liberally,
Will grant him wisdom to be more holy.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning,
Of Godly knowledge and understanding.
So seek God’s wisdom with all of your heart.
God will grant it you if you do your part.

God’s wisdom is pure, gentle, peaceable,
Full of mercy, compassion, teachable,
Undefiled, without partiality,
It is fruitful without hypocrisy.

Lord, grant me wisdom so I honor you.

Written 3/10/2013



Or watch it on YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment