Sunday, February 21, 2016

Beautiful Skies






Psalm 8
1 O LORD our Lord, how excellent is Thy name in all the earth!
Who hast set Thy glory above the heavens.
2 Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast Thou ordained strength
because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.
3 When I consider Thy heavens, the work of Thy fingers,
 the moon and the stars, which Thou hast ordained;
4 what is man, that Thou art mindful of him?
And the son of man, that Thou visitest him?
5 For Thou hast made him a little lower than the angels,
and hast crowned him with glory and honor.
6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of Thy hands;
Thou hast put all things under his feet:
7 all sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field;
8 the fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea,
and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas.
9 O LORD our Lord,
how excellent is Thy name in all the earth!

This is one of my favorite Psalms.  As songwriter Justyn Rees (http://www.justynrees.com/) sings in one of his songs based on this Psalm, “O Lord my God, how very wonderful You must be.  What am I that You still care for even me?”

When I look at the Heavens and see God’s glory reflected there, I am in awe that He cares for me and loves me.



or watch it on YouTube:

No comments:

Post a Comment