Sunday, January 18, 2015

Create in Me A Clean Heart









Ps. 51:10
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

One of my favorite Psalms is Psalm 51 – David’s song of confession after he sinned with Bathsheba.  It gives us an intimate look into David’s heart and gives us an example of true repentance.

I am dedicating this song to my mother – Virginia Kliewer.  She died when I was 11, so I don’t have a lot of memories of her, but I remembered how much she loved God and singing hymns.  She taught me right from wrong and what it means to be a Christian.  I finished this on her birthday, so that is why it is only fitting that I dedicate to her.

Create In Me A Clean Heart

O God, have mercy upon me, according to Thy loving kindness.  
According to Thy mercies, blot out my transgressions and,    

Wash me thoroughly, O God, from all of my iniquity.
Cleanse me from all of my sins, wash me whiter than snow and,

I acknowledge my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me.
Against Thee only have I sinned and done evil in Thy sight so,

Hide Thy face from all of my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
Cast me not out of Thy presence, take not Thy Holy Spirit and,

Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation, O Lord, my God.
I will sing of Thy righteousness; my mouth will shew forth Thy praise, so


Chorus:
Create in me, in me, a clean heart, O Lord.
And renew and renew, and renew and renew, a right spirit in me.

Psalm 51

Written 10/21/2014
or watch it on YouTube:



No comments:

Post a Comment