Sunday, November 9, 2014

Precious Name










1 Peter 2:6

6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on Him shall not be confounded.

Usually when composing a new hymn, a phrase starts going through my mind and a tune forms.  This time the tune started going through my head and I had to come up with words. 

Since Jesus is very important to me, I decided to write about Him.  He has such a powerful name, a name above all names.  And at that most precious Name, every knee shall bow!


Precious Name

Jesus, oh my Jesus, how I love you so.                          
Jesus, You are with me everywhere I go.                      
You loved enough to die for me, this I know.                                  
Forever I will praise Your Holy, precious Name.           

Jesus, to this dark and wicked earth You came.
Dying on a cross, all sinners to reclaim.
For my wretched wickedness, You took the blame.
Hallelujah, how I love Your most Precious Name!

Jesus, You’re the One Who took my guilt away.
Over me all sin has lost its dreadful sway.
Now I’m looking forward to the coming day,
Where face to face I’ll get to praise Your Holy Name.

Written 4/11/2014


Or watch it on YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment